Wednesday, July 16, 2008

America Needs to repent - corporately

Friends,

America is not in the best shape. I think we can agree.

When King Solomon dedicated Israel's First Temple to the Lord God, the Almighty said to him,
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves and pray, and turn from their wicked ways, and seek my face, then shall I hear from heaven and heal their land and forgive their sins."

I am asking that we all, in our families, our homes, in groups, join in prayer, not as church bodies (because as Protestants, Catholics, and Orthodox, we have differences that some would, in good faith, believe that not to be possible), but as American Christians, and repent of our national sins, just as the prophet Daniel repented of the sins of his nation.

Every day in the first 2 weeks of August, let us pray and repent.

Please visit http://www.Americarepents.org for details and for a suggested prayer service - almost entirely drawn from scripture - that will lead us in repentance.

Remember, the apostle James wrote, "The prayer of a righteous man availeth much".


Lou

No comments: